Working with others that stand for the very best Irish culinary best practice is important to Sham and The Cottage Restaurant. Hence he is a member of two key food organisations:-
Euro-toques is the organisation bringing together the European Community of Cooks representing over top 3,500 chefs and cooks across Ireland. Sham is the only Leitrim chef in the organisation. He shares the principles of Euro-toques chefs who must:
- Respect the principles of seasonality
- Source food as locally as possible.
- Know where ingredients come from and how they are produced.
- Use ingredients of high quality and superior taste, which are produced conscientiously, with respect for the environment and animal welfare.
- Support and promote small & local food producers, and acknowledge suppliers on menus.
Good Food Ireland is the organisation that drives food tourism to the island of Ireland. To be a member The Cottage Restaurant had to go through an independent inspection to ensure we meet the brand’s consumer promise “you will always get much more than just good local food”.
Read what Good Food Ireland have to say about The Cottage Restaurant.